The price range depends on a couple different factors:
1. What’s wrong with the boiler
2. Will the repair be covered under warranty
Just like any piece of equipment, boilers can and will eventually breakdown (especially due to lack of annual maintenance). However, some repairs are far more costly than others.
Here’s a few common boiler repairs we see all the time:
· Faulty circulator pump: A circulator pump is like the heart of your boiler system. It pumps hot water from your boiler through the pipes in your home to your radiators. If the circulator pump breaks or is in the process of failing, you will get very little to no heat throughout your home. The typical cost to repair a circulator pump is $400 to $800+, depending on the make and model of the pump.
· Broken ignitor: Just like gas furnaces, gas and oil boilers are lit with an ignitor. If it goes bad, your boiler will not light and you will not get any heat in your home. Usually, ignitors are fairly cheap and will usually cost the homeowner $125 - $250 to replace.
· Flushing your system: As boilers age, sediment can build up inside the pipes from minerals that naturally occur in the water supply. Sediment can cause flow issues, overheating, and cause irreparable damage to the boilers heat exchanger. To have a professional flush your system and clean sediment buildup is usually around $200 - $500+, depending on the size of the system and the amount of zones you have.
· Stopping leaks: Occasionally leaks can develop overtime which can cause your boiler to lose efficiency, stop working, or cause a flood in your home. If you see a leak, no matter how small, you’ll want to have it repaired right away before the issue worsens. The cost to repair a leak can vary greatly depending on how severe it is, but usually costs $100 - $400+.
· Faulty zone valve: Zoning valves are what keep your home at a nice even temperature. When a zoning valve goes bad, you may experience loss of heat in parts of your home or extreme temperatures in others. The cost to repair a zoning valve usually ranges from $350 - $800+.
Boilers typically last 12 -20 years, depending on maintenance history. If yours is covered under a warranty, it will cover most all repairs in the first year, and certain repairs for the first 5 – 10 years depending on the warranty you purchased with your equipment.
Generally, warranties cover repairs related to manufacturing errors and installation errors (depending on the contractor). A warranty can cover two aspects of a repairs:
1. Parts – replacement parts such as the control board, ignitor, or heat exchanger.
2. Labor – cost to replace existing parts with the new ones.
Not really sure what your boiler warranty covers? Call the company who installed your system. They should have your warranty information on file. If you are not sure what company installed your boiler, give us a call and we can look up your manufacturer warranty for you (as long as the company who installed it registered your boiler).
"Pete was a wonderful tech. He knew my Luxaire furnace and answered all my concerns. A follow up call from Lori was greatly appreciated. Great Company with Great People working for them!!!!!"
"Always leave me satisfied. Timely in every way. Great staff including the office workers. Mr. Jackson must treat his team right. He’s retained some really fine techs that represent their employer very well. Thank you!!"
Jackson Comfort went above and beyond to get our tankless water heater installed before a holiday weekend so we would not be without hot water for 4 days. (We had come home from vacation to find our hot water heater toasted)
Jackson has been our HVAC service provider since 1984. They have always been courteous, timely, and knowledgeable. I strongly recommend them to any acquaintances to handle their A/C, heating needs.
Jackson comfort is the only contractor I use and recommend. They are top-notch and A-1 in my opinion. Everyone there from the ladies who answer the phones and set appointments, to the technicians are great professionals!
With Jackson Comfort, we have no heating and air-conditioning concerns.
Jackson installed my furnace and air-conditioner 15 years ago. I would definitely recommend them to friends. Excellent service.
Jackson Comfort has serviced my furnace for years and I wouldn’t call anyone else.