If you frequently suffer from seasonal allergies, you know how uncomfortable you can become. Summers in Northeast Ohio can become humid, triggering common allergens such as mildew, dust mites, and mold. We all know that when it’s muggy outside, it’s muggy inside. Many people live in humid environments, such as a tightly built home or small apartment that has limited ventilation. Rooms such as basements, bathrooms, or attics, are common areas where moisture can build up, leading to increased levels of allergens trapped inside your home. However, the best way to prevent and eliminate humidity thriving allergens is with a dehumidifier.
What is a Dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier monitors and manages the humidity levels in your home, no matter how humid it is outdoors. By actively managing your humidity, you can prevent moisture build up which stops mold, mildew, and dust mites from growing. Dehumidifiers come in a variety of sizes and features, ranging from whole-home dehumidifiers that are installed as part of your home’s heating and cooling system, to portable dehumidifiers that can be moved room to room. While dehumidifiers can greatly reduce the amount of humidity in your air, it will never make your home too dry, providing your family a healthy, comfortable, environment day in and day out.
All homes, offices and apartments can experience many benefits from a dehumidifier such as:
· Reduced Energy Bills – Humidity can affect how warm or cold the air can feel. By actively managing the humidity levels in your home, your indoor temperature will feel more comfortable. Lowering the humidity in the summer on hot days can make it feel less hot, while increasing the humidity on cold days can make it feel warmer, without having to raise or lower the thermostat, thus conserving energy.
· Reduced Allergy Symptoms – Dehumidifiers prevent moisture build up in areas of your home that have poor ventilation. This makes for a dryer environment making it harder for allergens to live. If you or someone you live with suffers from seasonal allergies or asthma, a dehumidifier would greatly help eliminate or manage their symptoms.
· Automatic Humidity Sensing – Dehumidifiers are always testing the humidity within your home and automatically adjusting itself to ensure your home is perfectly comfortable.
· Increased Air Ventilation – Dehumidifiers also automatically remove or dilutes polluted air from your home, allowing your family to breathe easier.
· Controlled Comfort – Many newer dehumidifiers come with new control options, allowing you to manage your home’s comfort from anywhere. New digital controls are conveniently mounted in your home or you can manage from an app on your smartphone or tablet.
For more information about dehumidifiers or to schedule a consultation, give Jackson Comfort a call. Our experienced team can help you identify your family’s needs and match you with a dehumidifier that is perfect for your home.
"Pete was a wonderful tech. He knew my Luxaire furnace and answered all my concerns. A follow up call from Lori was greatly appreciated. Great Company with Great People working for them!!!!!"
"Always leave me satisfied. Timely in every way. Great staff including the office workers. Mr. Jackson must treat his team right. He’s retained some really fine techs that represent their employer very well. Thank you!!"
Jackson Comfort went above and beyond to get our tankless water heater installed before a holiday weekend so we would not be without hot water for 4 days. (We had come home from vacation to find our hot water heater toasted)
Jackson has been our HVAC service provider since 1984. They have always been courteous, timely, and knowledgeable. I strongly recommend them to any acquaintances to handle their A/C, heating needs.
Jackson comfort is the only contractor I use and recommend. They are top-notch and A-1 in my opinion. Everyone there from the ladies who answer the phones and set appointments, to the technicians are great professionals!
With Jackson Comfort, we have no heating and air-conditioning concerns.
Jackson installed my furnace and air-conditioner 15 years ago. I would definitely recommend them to friends. Excellent service.
Jackson Comfort has serviced my furnace for years and I wouldn’t call anyone else.