During our cold winters, a furnace is prone to losing its power. It might be from a loose wire, clogged filter, wrong fuse, and the list goes on. When the unit loses power, the safest solution is to call a professional HVAC company that employs NATE-Certified specialists.
To help you avoid losing furnace power in the winter, our Jackson Comfort Services team has compiled a few basic steps you can follow:
- Check the circuit breaker or fuse box
- Make sure the power switch is set to on position
- Inspect the thermostat’s operation
- Check your filter and change it if it’s dirty
- Keep up with annual maintenance inspections
Should your furnace or boiler need replaced, Jackson Comfort Services installs the highest quality heating equipment on the market. For an affordable furnace and boiler company, you can trust in Ravenna, Ohio, call Jackson Comfort today for a worry-free onsite consultation: (330) 525-8558.
What Warning Sign Noises Does A Furnace Make?
- Popping: Fluctuations in temperature is the culprit here. Internal parts of a furnace are affected by the slightest degree of change.
- Rattling: Over time, parts will loosen and begin rattling inside the furnace. It might also mean there are other issues, primarily with your ductwork.
- Scraping: When you hear metal against metal, the blower wheel might have come loose. Or worse, a piece from the heating unit broke loose and is stuck in the blower wheel.
- Loud Humming: A soft hum from a furnace is normal and expected. But when the humming gets louder and louder, that’s a sign of a malfunctioning blower motor.
- Rumbling: If you hear a loud rumbling noise, oil is burning in the combustion chamber after a heating cycle completes. The other issues could be the burners, flame sensor, or pilot light.
- Booming: If there is a slight delay during ignition, the booming sound points to a significant gas issue. If you smell any gas, call Jackson Comfort Services and the gas company now.
Furnace & Boiler Company in Ravenna, Ohio
When you hear strange noises in your furnace, grab your phone and speed dial Jackson Comfort Services - your 5-star furnace & boiler company in Ravenna.
It does happen. An old or poorly installed furnace will make strange or odd noises. That’s not normal behavior for a heating system. It’s a warning sign your furnace is in trouble. Before your furnace gets any worse, turn to the 5-Star furnace and boiler company in Ravenna. Our NATE-Certified, Jackson Comfort specialists are ready to help at the first signs of trouble. With over 100 years of furnace and boiler service and installation, you’re in good hands.
To schedule an onsite inspection, contact our team today!
Why Choose Jackson Comfort?
Family & Locally, Owned & OperatedFor a whole century, Jackson Comfort has been and will continue to work as family.
We Serve As a TeamWe are a team of individuals, but we act as one. When we work as a team, we are strong, we are focused and we are unstoppable.
Treating Employees as Valued FamilyOur team is much more than just our staff and the face of the company. It's family delivering quality solutions and making you feel at home, always!
Integrity First, Always!As an organization and as individuals, we do the right things and never compromise our values. We do not cut corners and we perform every job to the best of our abilities.
I was very happy with the work done to my heating system.
"We will definitely recommend Jackson Comfort Services to others."- Sarah S.
Will continue to use Jackson comfort again if any else happens.
"Would recommend to my family and friends to have them come out and repair their systems."- Robert N.
I will use and recommend Jackson Comfort in the future!
"I used Jackson Comfort services today and was very pleased with their services."- Satisfied Customer
They were very easygoing and did a great job making sure we had AC!
"Alex and his intern were absolutely phenomenal."- Hannah M.
Everyone I interacted with was professional, knowledgeable, and friendly.
"From start to finish, Jackson Comfort has exceeded my expectations!"- Anthony R.